Friday, February 28, 2014

IRacing is Frustrating Fun!


We are already in the 2nd week of the Global Challenge and running at Laguna Seca this week which is my favorite track.  Iracing can be very rewarding when you get things right and frustrating when you don’t. I was dusting off the cobwebs with a few practice sessions first, and then ran a race. I was feeling great, but no matter how many laps you turn in this racing simulation I still get that awesome adrenaline rush when the lights go green! Ok breath!

The first race was a circus on the first lap and later on. Crashes and runoffs everywhere! It caused me to run off a few times as well which kills your SR (Saftey Rating) even though I was avoiding accidents. It’s a no fault system that can be frustrating at times. I actually maintained 6th place for the majority of the race until some faster racers spun out in front of me which I had no place to go so I collided into one of them barely. My car would have been drivable, but I ended up getting disqualified. Low and behold I ended up acuminating the max of 17 of 17 incidents. This was pretty frustrating seeing this outcome, not to mention when you leave the race you get to see your Irating and SF go down from it. So I hang it up for the night for a later race.

Next race was much better. I was racing against some fast and respectable guys. I ended up placing 6th place which was good enough to get me into 21th or 196 racers globally and 1st of 5 racers in Texas. No that looks good! The moral of this story is IRacing is frustrating fun. A love hate relationship, but man is it addicting! Just can’t seem to get enough of it. The no fault system can be frustrating when you’re not at fault, but it’s that system that seems to help drive you to be a better more cautious racer. Racing in IRacing league just seems more rewarding then racing in console sims. Give it a try, and bring the racer out in you.

Stay tuned for more action!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think?