Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Fanatec Ebrake On rSeat RS1 Rig

Ok about 6 months ago I got my Fanatec Ebrake and installed it onto my rSeat RS1. Now the ebrake works really well and I've enjoyed it allot on games like Assetto Corsa and The Crew, For $99 it's a really good buy and pretty much plug and play to your PC as long as you use the adaptor







Along the way some people expressed interest on how I mounted it up to my rSeat RS1 rig. Since the RS1 has a slim design and a seats lip hangs over the frames side about 1+ inches the seat lip gets into the way of the ebrake handle once it's mounted up directly to the rig. Below pictures show where I placed my ebrake. I also angled it to where I like it. Just sit in your rig and play around with what angle you like.

Once you got the location down mark the outline of the ebrake box with a wax pencil on your rigs side plate. Then take the ebrake apart per Fanatec install instructions.  Place the ebrake box within your wax markings on your rig and mark the drill pattern holes into the rSeat rig. You can also print off and use Fantec Drilling template upfront to make it allot easier for your markings. I actually only used 2 mounting holes as the rseat has limited space on where you can mount it for ideal location do to the adjustable shifter mount rails that gets in the way on the inside of the frame. Take a look and measure twice before drilling into your rig. Disclaimer.  I , Track Junkie Racing, TJRSim or any affiliate are not responsible for your rig, sim seat, Fanatec products or person(s) by following my suggestions or examples that I used. You break something or get hurt it's on you! As always use appropriate safety gear before working with tools. Ok just had to get that out the way. But really be safe!

Now in my laziness of not first finding a 1"-2" spacer to place the ebrake box properly to allow enough room to clear the seats large lip from the ebrake arm I just mounted it directly to my rig. In doing so my ebrake arm hit the seats lip so I had to adjust the location of the ebrake handle within the ebrake box a little to aloow enough clearance for the handle to move. I don't recommend this so I want go into the details on how. I recommend finding a 1"-2" spacer out of plastic or 2x4 wood cut to size to match the ebrake box. Drills 4 thru holes all the way thru the wood matching the drilling templete. Then just drill the same hole locations into the side of your rSeat frame and mount it all up with some long M6 socket head screws at the new required length you need with some M6 nuts and lock washers to tighten it all up. Make sure to use the washers and nuts on the inside of your rSeat frame with the socket head cap screw head residing inside of the ebrake box.

That's it! Just enjoy your new Fanatec ebrake. I appoligize for leaving out some pictures of the ebrake box taken apart to clearly show my mounting locations, but your mounting may differ from mine. Main point is to get a spacer to stand the ebrake box off the rSeat rig so you have clearance to operate the handle.

Hope this helps. Be sure to help the blog out by clicking on the links within the side bars of this blog before you purchasing Fanatec products. It helps me out :) Thanks!





Video of the Unboxing







No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think?