Monday, February 10, 2014

Iracing Woes

Now I'm a gentleman racer and I hope that others would be the same.
Friday night race in the Global Challenge didn't go as planned. I started in 6th with my Cadillac CTS V at Lime Rock.  First lap was fine for me although the leader spun out in turn one. Second lap entering turn one didnt turn out well for me as I got smashed in the rear by someone that didn't even seem to be breaking. No curdious im sorry, nothing. This sent me to the pits for repairs and ruining most of my chances to place a top 5 finish.
Now after long repair time and tow in I get out again and race back up to 6th place somehow.  Everthing was going great, but then it happened again. I get hit from behind and spun out in turn 1 from a racer missing their break markers. Oh damn how frustrating this race is. Luckily I didnt have to pit and got back out there.  Of course I did loose 3 places putting me in 9th place were I held to the end of the race with a beat up car.
The scoring in IRacing is sometimes difficult to understand because the 2 wreaks I received which were not my fault ended me with some bad saftey rating of -35 points.  That is were it becomes really frustrating.  I know IRacing doesn't have a way to marchall everyrace, but they should at the very least make a rule that the person tapped in the rear or rear ended doesn't see any penalty in saftey rating.
This brings me to my final thoughts.  IRacing is still the premiere place to sim race, but if your the racer that crashed into others at no fault of theirs, please have some common curdisy to apologize. Also if IRacing could add the no penalty to racers that get rearended it would make for a better experience.  Rubbing is racing by smashing is not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think?