Monday, February 16, 2015

Running a Racing in the new RFactor2 Build 930




I must admit I hadn't picked up RFactor2 since the release of the Honda NSX. I always loved the physics of the game, but had issues with the graphics not looking all that to me. Plus somehow I gained a issue where my screen wouldn't go full screen anymore and didn't feel like re-installing RFactor2 just to play what was becoming a buggy sim for me. So I picked up other Sim games to play.

Well Build 930 changed that for me. It peaked my interest with its host of new features like new UI menu, tire models and a ton of bug fixes. Somehow the graphics look even better to me as well especially the rain. Maybe I finally got my graphics settings down. The new menu system is refreshing and has allot easier navigation. Especially love they ditched of the rotary style when selecting cars. Drove me insane! (No pun intended) I also like the bigger replay window when you back out to the menu while in game play.

I noticed the cars seem so much more stable to handle that I could easily identify what was going on with the car. Really makes drifting the Corvette ZR1 a blast! I also love the wheel lock up feeling under heavy breaking that I get thru my Fanatec CSW. That's nothing totally new, but I forgot how good the Physics where and they feel even better now with the new tire model.

There is loads of new features in build 930 that will keep me busy for awhile relearning the cars limits. Check out some game play below showing off the rain and notice how nicely the track drys out on the race line and puddles on the curbing. BTW get off the dryer race line and you notice quickly. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think?