Thursday, April 2, 2015

Just How Awesome is Fanatec!

I absolutely love my Fanatec SQ shifter! It has to be the best bang for your buck on the market today. I mean really you can not go wrong with this shifter.

So what about the new version 1.5? Well basically the new version comes with updated electronics and hall sensor for a more rugged design making setting up the shifter with your Fanatec wheel even easier and improving shifts or missed shifts from the new hall sensor. I'm sure there is more to it what is being told to the consumer, but at the end of the day it's an improved design that looks and functions the same as the first version.
If you already have version 1 and it's working fine don't worry you are not missing anything with v1.5 from what I can tell.

So here is the great part though! If you own Version 1 and it fails on you (which BTW Fanatec extended the 1 year warranty to 2 years for version 1 customers) you can send it in and Fanatec will update your shifter to v1.5 for free! Soooo I just happened to have a faulty shifter in my hands. It appears that the return spring that would recenter the shifter handle in sequential mode broke. I notified Fanatec and sent some pictures in which Fanatec service dept sent me information to send it back. Now 2 weeks later I get my shifter, but wait! It's not my shifter. It happened to be a brand new shifter version 1.5. Sweet!!!

So what I noticed between the version 1 and version 1.5 is in the included video below. Check it out! and if you want quality sim gear from a company that truly seems to care click on one of my side Fanatec banners and buy something. It also helps out the blog

Thanks. See ya on the track!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think?